Join Tony Naumovski and myself for an Iceland Photo Tour in October 2018 as we lead you on an amazing adventure. We’ll explore the rugged beauty and natural wonders as we photograph our way around the island.
There is honestly no place on Earth quite like Iceland!
Being there in person and exploring its many diverse landscapes honestly feels like you’re exploring some distant alien world. It’s utterly awe-inspiring, and the word that you’ll find us all saying again and again is “WOW!” With its countless waterfalls, rugged mountainscapes, wind swept valleys, fields of moss-covered lava rock, glacial lagoons and black sand beaches–Iceland is truly a landscape photographer’s paradise.
Tour Dates: October 12th – 23rd, 2020 (including arrival & departure days)
On this 12 day iceland photography tour we will lead you from the beautiful capital city of Reykjavík to the volcanic Snæfellsjökull National Park on the western Snaefellsness Peninsula. You’ll witness the spectacular glacier lagoon of Jökulsárlón and so much more. Iceland is known for its multitude of incredibly diverse waterfalls and we will explore and photograph many of them together during the photo tour.
Throughout this Iceland Photo tour you will also be given hands-on group and individual photo instruction.
You’ll fly from your home to Reykjavik, arriving October 5th 2018, where we’ll celebrate the start of our trip together with a welcome dinner this evening. Please schedule your flight so to arrive at our hotel in Reykjavik center by 5 pm.
After breakfast on the following day, we’ll depart Reykjavik and for the next 11 days, we’ll guide you around Iceland to the best shooting venues, each beautiful and unique. Accommodations are based on double-occupancy with single occupancy available on a first-come, first-served basis (in most locations) and subject to an added fee.
We will return to Reykjavik late in the day on October 15th 2018 where we’ll celebrate our new friends and full memory cards with a farewell dinner together. You can schedule your departure flights or other activities if extending your stay, any time on October 16th 2018.
Dates: October 12th to 23rd 2020 (including arrival & departure days)
Duration: 12 days
Group size: Minimum of 6 people, maximum of 12 people
Cost: Early-bird discounted price of US $6,495 until 31 July 2019
Deposit: US $2,000 to reserve your spot
• The complete tour as per the itinerary • Arrival and Departure Airport Transfers • Breakfast and Dinners • All in country ground transport with experienced driver/local guide • Two photography leaders •
What’s NOT Included:
• International flights to and from Iceland • Travel and Medical Insurance (requirement for joining the tour) • Any expenses of a personal nature (such as laundry, phone calls, personal tipping etc.) • Lunches • Any drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
October 12th – Group Arrival Day, City walking tour & Welcome Dinner
October 6th to 15th – 10 Days Touring Iceland
October 23rd – Group Departure Day
Suggested Photography Skills:
Basic Beginners to Professionals. We welcome all types of photographers who share our passion for travel and photography. This trip will be primarily focused on landscape photography, with some possible opportunities for shooting wildlife (mostly horses) and macro photography.
Single Occupancy Supplement:
Prices are based on double occupancy unless noted. Single rooms are subject to availability and may not be available in every location. We try to accommodate participants who request single accommodations, as well as those looking for a roommate. If a single room is requested, or if we are unable to find a suitable roommate, you will be required to pay the supplement.
All Iceland images are Copyright © Malcolm Fackender
- Reykjavik, the capital if Iceland.
- Snæfellsnes Peninsula and Kirkjufell, one of the most beautiful destinations in Iceland.
- Skagafjörður with its beautiful Icelandic horses and the amazing Glaumbær farm.
- Lake Mývatn Geothermal Area and Dettifoss Waterfall, the most powerful in all of Europe.
- Jökulsárlón Glacial Lagoon and Black Sand Beach.
- Lava fields with moss covered lava rocks.
- Skógafoss, one of the most elegant and photographed waterfalls in Iceland.
- Vík and its amazing black sand beaches.
- Gullfoss, an incredibly powerful and massive waterfall.
- Seljalandsfoss, a unique waterfall that allows you to walk behind the falls.
- This time of year we’ll also have our fingers crossed for, and be monitoring forecasts for, the Aurora Borealis…Northern Lights!
- And so much more!
Photo Tour Dates:
Arrive: October 12th, 2020
Departure: October 23rd, 2020
- The complete tour as per the itinerary
- Arrival and Departure Airport Transfers
- Breakfast and Dinners
- All in country ground transport with experienced driver/local guide
- Two photography leaders
- International flights to and from Iceland
- Travel and Medical Insurance (requirement for joining the tour)
- Any expenses of a personal nature (such as laundry, phone calls, personal tipping etc.)
- Any drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
- Optional ice cave tour if available ( estimated at US $210)
Suggested Skill Level:
Basic Beginners to Professionals
What to Bring:
- Sense of Adventure
- A Sense of Humor
- Digital SLR
- A range of Lenses from Wide angle to Telephoto
- Sturdy Tripod
- Lens Filters (i.e. Neutral Density, Polarizer)
- Laptop (with Lightroom & Photoshop)
- Suitable clothing (for wet and cold conditions)
- Suitable footwear
- Swimwear for Thermal Pools
Cost: Early-bird price US $6495
Email us with questions or concerns.